Thursday, May 27, 2010

KING CLEVELAND SUPERIOR TRUMPET

These old horns really produce the sound, They're free blowing and responsive. The tone is rich, bright, yet mellow. The valves design is top notch. The "Superior" is the predecessor to the King 600. Built by H.N White, this label vanished in 64. The "Cleveland" Label lived on to 74'. This model is a 61', in very good shape. The Cleveland brand was a starting point label for King Band Instruments, which was owned by H.N. White. It was really just like the king, minus a few frills like nickel tubing inserts. Nothing that would diminish the sound or playability. These old models just flat out play and sound better than the newer ones, which are built by UMI Steinway.

1 comment:

  1. I have a 1937 King Cleveland Superior that I just had a full restoration on and had the valves rechromed. I even had the original 7K mouthpiece restored too. It's a family heirloom that I plan on passing on to the future generation and never intend to sell. Out of curiosity though I still would like to learn what it's worth as I've had this question a few times since I've had the restoration professionally done. Would you have a resource or would you be able to tell me what it's worth?

    ReplyDelete